AIDS is a disease caused by a sexually transmitted mainly by waste. At present, there is no way to be cured. You can only control the symptoms and treat the symptoms only come through. And because it is a very serious disease. Causing many health problems ensue. If a patient with AIDS are shunned by society. Causing distress to patients, not less. Today, we took leave of knowledge about AIDS. So that we can make this disease, deeply understand and cope with disease correctly.
AIDS is a syndrome of immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS: Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) caused by infection of a virus called Human Impact Milliken Nova de Sophie Chien C virus (Human Immunodeficiency Virus: HIV), or known. simply as HIV infection (HIV) infection, when HIV enters the body, it will destroy the white blood cells. White blood cells in the body, which serves to eliminate foreign matter. Or germs that enter the body and then destroyed. When white blood cells are destroyed Therefore, patients who are infected with HIV. Lowered immunity Eventually, the body does not have enough antibodies to protect the body from external pathogens. As a result, patients infected with HIV can infect people more easily than normal. As a result, diseases such as tuberculosis, pneumonia and other subsequent blood stream infections, fungi and many other diseases. This is Because the immune system is destroyed You can not eliminate the disease from the body itself.
AIDS a few species
HIV is a variety of species. The species is native HIV-1 (HIV-1) , a species native to the epidemic in Africa, Europe and the United States, HIV-2 (HIV-2) outbreaks in West Africa.
Because HIV infection, there are several variants. At present, have discovered that there are more than 10 species, which are distributed worldwide. The most common sources. Africa, which has more than 10 species that are considered to be the source of infection of HIV. For a period longer than 70 years, the species most commonly found in the species is commemorated by up to 40% for the area is found in Africa, India, China and Burma in Thailand, it is a common infection of HIV-2 strain. AES variants (a / E) or (E) found as much as 95% by the epidemic was caused by a relationship between a man and a woman. B strain (B) caused an epidemic among homosexual. Or needle-sharing for drugs.
For species that had not yet found in any species is C. But with the strains of E - C, which is a cross between species, strains C and E in Thailand. Which originated in Africa. And not long ago, Have discovered a new species infected with HIV. Never been detected anywhere in the world before. A combination of three strains, A, E and G are called G-AES (AE / G).
Transmission of AIDS, there are 3 ways.
1. Sexual intercourse with a person infected with HIV. Without condoms
This includes sexual intercourse between men and women with women or even men and women, which is a natural or non-natural way. These are risk factors for contact AIDS. According to data from the Division of Epidemiology indicates that 83% of those infected with HIV. All have been infected from sex altogether.
2. infected blood
HIV is found in 2 cases.
2.1 needle sharing Or even using a syringe with HIV. The common group of drugs. Or injected into the line
2.2 blood from the surgery. Or to treat certain blood types. We have no way of knowing who donated blood comes from it. But now it has to be checked for safety. The blood will be donated to detect HIV infection before. Thus, it is 100% safe.
3. Contact the mother to child.
It is caused by mothers who are already infected with HIV. Pregnancy and birth are made to child transmission of HIV. But today Have discovered a way to prevent HIV transmission from mother to child can be successful. By way of antiretroviral drugs during pregnancy. It prevents the risk of HIV infection among infants dropped to 8 percent, but still at risk. Not 100%, so the best way is. A blood test before marriage to be the best.
[caption id = "" align = "aligncenter" width = "600"] communication aids [/ caption].
In addition, HIV can also contact several ways. However, it is very unlikely objects such as patients with AIDS. Without cleaning Ear piercing by the needle together with HIV. Or even a Whether it's a few eyebrows because of skin infection with HIV in the bloodstream of HIV-infected people already. Therefore, infection with HIV. Enter the body more easily The blood HIV infection can also be contacted via the lymph. But the opportunity to be infected open wounds. And lymphatic or blood-borne into a number only.
Factors that cause AIDS
Factors that cause AIDS, there are many reasons.
- The amount that has been infected with HIV If you have been infected with HIV in large quantities, it makes a high risk of HIV infection as well. HIV is most commonly found in the blood. The second was in semen and vaginal.
- The wounds are wounds in the skin or in the mouth, it would make a high HIV infection. Because infection with HIV Easy access to the wound
- The frequency of exposure If you have frequent exposure to the virus. The risk of infection was higher as researchers to conduct experiments. Education about the virus, HIV, etc.
- Other infections , such as herpes sores, ulcers, which are a type of white blood cell that is a lot of scars. Increased risk of HIV infection easily. AIDS and also into the wound more easily.
- The health of infected recipients If you are already healthy. Likely to be infected, it is going to be difficult. But if failing health It is likely to be infected as well.
The term AIDS
Generally, when patients have been infected with HIV to enter the body. Showing symptoms of the disease appear to be divided into three phases.
1. The term asymptomatic
Referred to as Long-term infection asymptomatic patients infected will not show signs of any that seem so normal, healthy people. But there may be a slight illness. On average, the From the first phase into the second phase will take about 7-8 years, but in some cases may have no symptoms for up to 10 years, making the infection can spread to other people. For those infected with HIV, mostly in the early stages. I still do not know themselves that are already infected.
2. The range of symptoms associated with AIDS.
We call this period the Term symptoms In this phase, detects HIV positive. And symptoms appear, such as lymph nodes consecutive months. There is mold in your mouth The buccal and palatal as shingles or herpes-type lesions spread. The symptoms of chronic illness For unknown reasons than one month, such as fever, diarrhea, dermatitis, weight loss and other symptoms may be at this stage a year. Before developing AIDS epidemic became full up for the next stage.
3. Full range of AIDS or AIDS-term.
In this phase, the immune system is breaking down a lot. This makes the disease more easily, because germs can enter the body more easily. And the body can not eliminate these pathogens from the body. There are several types Depending on the type of infection. And the organs in the body. If pulmonary TB Symptoms are fever, chronic coughing up blood, but a meningitis infection. Symptoms are headache, nausea, vomiting, neck stiffness and strength quickly if the symptoms related to the nervous system. It will arm weakness, depression, memory loss, which showed that AIDS patients in this stage. There will be live only 1-2 years.
When should detect HIV infection.
- Those with risk behavior Or even those who want to know their HIV status or not.
- Those who decide to get married or have a partner.
- Those who suspect their partners risk behavior.
- Those wishing to become pregnant For the safety of the mother and the child.
- Those who went to work abroad. The information that supports the safety and health.
AIDS is a disease that can be prevented. I understand that correctly. The guidelines below.
- Use a condom every time they have sex predilection.
- There is only one sex partner
- Before getting married or having a child should have a physical examination and blood tests.
- Abstain from alcohol And substance abuse of all kinds. In particular, the injection afraid to share with others.
Practice for patients who are infected with HIV.
Those infected with HIV are Daily use can be typical. Health care Do not worry too much If not, complications can live on for another several years. The agreement contains the following:
- Eating a healthy diet So that the body gets the nutrients in its entirety.
- Healthy With regular exercise
- Avoid having sex If you have sex The protection by using condoms always. Because this method prevents infection. And the spread of HIV to others.
- Meditation calms the mind relaxed, not stressful.
- If a woman is not pregnant. Because HIV infection from mother to child can be up to 30 percent.
Myth About AIDS
At present, it is a heresy. Many AIDS AIDS is a disease that can not be reached by exposure. Unable to communicate with each other through hugs. Or touching outside the joint , such as a shared bathroom. Or mechanical dine together also infected with HIV can not be transmitted through breathing. Or through the air Like flu And is not transmitted disease vectors such as mosquitoes, typically the main cause of HIV infections that. Caused by unsafe sex. The data confirm that over 80% of patients infected with HIV from having sex is not protected.
AIDS is a contagious disease Which caused a negative effect on the body as well. So how is the best. To prevent infection By wearing a condom before having sex. Having only one sexual partner. And the non-use of syringes with others. Just now you are safe from HIV infection, and more.